- 15 years as a technology business owner and manager.
- Strong secondary experience in technical writing, communication, and education.
- WGU graduate: Masters of Business Administration (IT), Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
- Knowledge of assessments, rubrics, APA formatting, and helpful grader feedback.
Apache Creek Publishing (2014 – Present) – Freelance Editor
Freelance book editing. The process involves consulting with authors, editing for content, formatting for readability, and typesetting books for ebook, printing, and retail production.
Website Style (2005 – Present) – Owner / Consultant
Managed all aspects of business, ranging from marketing, to contract negotiation, to taxation. Specialized in standards compliant web development, particularly in the area of usability for those with disabilities or impairments. Designed, coded, installed, and maintained websites.
Data Solutions (1999 – 2005) – Owner / Consultant [Retired business]
Wrote and developed contracts and bids, handled payments, accounting, and marketing. Conducted business analysis, met with department managers, gathered requirements, created documentation for software, performed programming, and designed databases.
- (2015 – Present) – Designed & teaching a course for Udemy on Higher Education costs (160+ students).
- (2007 – Present) – Teaches homeschool. Manages curriculum, assessment, grading, and feedback.
- (2005 – Present) – Operates ESL word simulator of adverb/adjectives used by 1.5 million+ people.
- (Mar 2009) – Created a video tutorial for the SilverStripe Software – used by over 700 people.
- (Jun 2006) – Created ‘HTML 4’ certification exam for the Brainbench company. Test gained International Webmasters Association endorsement.
- (Jan 2014 – May 2014) – Edited book: WordyWords: Botanicals Edition (Volume 1)
- (Oct 2014 – Dec 2014) – Edited book: WordyWords: Grocery Store List Edition (Volume 2)
- (June 2014 – Oct 2014) – Edited book: Collecting for Pleasure and Profit
- (Feb 2013 – Apr 2013) – Edited book: My Background Check Says What?
- (Jan 2013 – Mar 2013) – Edited book: Million Dollar Idea – The real story on how to do it
- (2004 – Current) – Wrote 350+ and edited 500+ articles for Beyond Caffeine blog (4.8 million+ visitors).
- (2007 – Current) – Edited over 150 articles for the Startup Business Blog (100k+ visitors).
- (2006 – 2007) – Syndicated technology writer to over 30 online technology site outlets.
- (2005 – 2007) – Contributed code and documentation to World Wide Web Consortium.
- (2005 – 2007) – Created and distributed monthly newsletter to members of Lovecraft Country.
- (2004 – 2007) – Created procedures and documentation manuals for Skotos online game group.
- (2002 – 2003) – Wrote 400+ pages of technical game documentation for the book, Magical Anthology.
- Western Governors University – Master of Business Administration, IT (2014)
- Western Governors University – Bachelors of Accounting (2012)
- Udemy Certifications
- Introduction to the PMP Exam (PMPStudy)
- Cover Letter Writing (Instructor: Ed Scotti – Career Coach)
- Professional Communication Essentials (Rasmussen College)
- The New HR: 21st Century Talent Management (Bersin by Deloitte)
- Closing the Gap Between Marketing & Sales (Three Sixty Academy)
- Mastering Your Resume (TeachUComp, Inc.)
- Interview Like a Pro (Instructor: Andrew Pyle – Career Coach)
- Coursera Certifications
- Literature, New Media & Narrative (Vanderbilt University)
- An Introduction to Financial Accounting (University of Pennsylvania)
- Video Games & Learning (University of Wisconsin–Madison)
- Terrorism & Counter-terrorism (Universiteit Leiden)
- Economics of Money & Banking (Columbia University)
- 21st Century American Foreign Policy (Duke University)
- Law & the Entrepreneur (Northwestern University)
- The Power of Markets (University of Rochester)
- Energy, the Environment & Our Future (The Pennsylvania State University)
- Energy 101 : The Big Picture (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Introduction to Environmental Law & Policy (The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- Brainbench Certifications
- Typing speed & accuracy
- Math Fundamentals
- MS Internet Explorer
- Office Procedures
- Web Design Concepts
- Accounts Payable Fundamentals
Interests and Activities
- Interests: Conducting genealogy research, reading, nature photography & watching documentaries.
- Volunteering: Operates an activity group called Family Ties since December 2007. Mentors new mothers on an autism support board called My Autism Team.